Moorbank House Terms and Conditions.
• Our hotel is very much focused towards couples and family groups, which mean we cannot, accept bookings from single sex groups.
- Confirmed off street parking is offered only to guests booking direct with us through this website or over the telephone, at the time of booking.
- For bookings made through other on-line booking partners, guests must call us to pre-book parking which will be strictly on a first come first served basis. Reservations can be made in these circumstances by contacting us by telephone or email. We closely manage the spaces we have available and it is not possible to automatically allocate spaces to bookings outside of our direct control. Where we run short of spaces then we remove rooms from sale from our own website to meet our promise to provide parking. We are unable to do this on booking sites directly outside of our control. Where a guest calls us having booked through a partner site and where we cannot provide off street parking at that time then they may cancel their booking at no charge. Guests will have to contact the portal they made the booking through to action this. Such bookings not properly cancelled will be charged as per usual conditions.
- Please check our Free Car Parking and FAQ page for further details. up to ten spaces are usually available and we have 12 letting bedrooms.
- Deposit Terms Vary. It is 20% of the total value of the booking made direct with us on the telephone or via this website. For bookings made via Partner Websites it will be the total of the first’s night stay for how ever many rooms have been booked.
- Child Ages for the purpose of sharing family rooms are defined as 16 years and below. The parents or grandparents or other close family members will be sharing the same room. We do not under any circumstances allow all adult occupation of family rooms. A family room is one defined by us as having more than two bed spaces.
• All accommodation is offered subject to availability at the time of receipt of the deposit, and at the quoted tariffs.
- Check in Time is between the Hours of 14.00Hrs and 21.00Hrs. Check In’s outside of these hours will be by prior arrangement only.
• Smoking is not permitted in any part of Moorbank House by UK law. Guests failing to comply will have their stay immediately terminated without refund, and will incur liability for additional cleaning charges plus charges for any subsequent loss of revenue. The outstanding balance may be charged to the debit/credit card that was charged with the initial deposit.
• Breakfast is served between 0830hrs – 0915hrs. No allowances can be made for meals not taken. We are happy to cater for special dietary requirements, though this is by prior arrangement only.
• Rooms are to be vacated by 10.00hrs on the day of departure. If rooms are not vacated by this time we may make a charge for a further nights stay. Rooms will be available for occupation from 14.00hrs on the day of arrival. Luggage may be left in the TV Lounge on the day of departure but must be collected by 16.00hrs. The management can accept no responsibility for the loss of any personal belongings or monies left in the hotel rooms unless handed in for safe custody. Guests are most welcome to arrive any time after 11.00 hours on the day of arrival but access to room(s) may not be possible till 14.00hrs.
- We cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to guests vehicles or their contents.
• All damages must be paid for in full, the person who made the booking is responsible for the cost of damage if the damage is caused by another member of the party, and this includes situations where extra cleaning is required. This will include cleaning charges where guests have smoked in bedrooms or bathrooms.
- Deposits will be in the form of 20% of the overall booking value or a sum otherwise requested by Moorbank House. Deposit terms differ with online booking partners and may constitute the first nights stay. Please check carefully those terms and conditions.
• Deposits must be received within 7 working days or the booking will be cancelled.
- The payment of a deposit reserves the room for the duration of the period you have requested.
• Please note that all deposits are non refundable.
- Accounts are due for settlement on arrival. For group bookings we may request payment prior to arrival. Cheques will only be accepted up to the value of any guarantee card.
- If the Booked stay is due to begin within 31 Days and is of a duration of 3 nights or less then it will be at sole Discretion of Moorbank House to secure the booking against credit/debit card details. If this is the case then payment in full with the card or in cash must be made on arrival. There is a cancellation policy in place and this is explaned below. Guests will need to check availability and make the booking by telephone with us on 01253 344385.
- We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit and debit cards
• In the event of cancellation or curtailment, more than 24 hours before arrival (14.00 Hrs on due date of Arrival) 10% (plus card fee £1.00 Credit Card 50p Debit Card) of the total value of the booking becomes payable. Where this sum is less than £10 then it is this sum which will be levied. Where a deposit has been collected then this will be forfeited.
• In the event of cancellation or curtailment, one night’s stay must be paid if cancelling less than 24 hours before arrival. If a deposit has been collected then this will be deducted from this payment.
- 24 Hours before arrival in this context means cancellation has to be made (by telephone, letter or otherwise) before 14.00Hrs local time in Blackpool on the day before the booked arrival day.
• ‘No Shows’ without prior notification will have accommodation held for them until the usual end of their stay and will be billed for the entire period of the booking.
• Different cancellation terms apply to those bookings made online through our booking partner please see website for details and terms and conditions issued with the online booking.
- Alterations to booking information such as dates or other may attract an administration fee of £10.00 per room. The application of such fee will be at the sole discretion of the management.
• It is due to the very nature of unforeseen circumstances and the fact you may need to cancel your booking at short notice that we strongly advise you take out holiday and or travel insurance. Please ask us if you require details.
• If the deposit has been paid using a credit or debit card authorised account number, then any payment due owing to cancellation, curtailment or damage will also be made on this same account number by Moorbank House. The card holder will be notified of any such transaction.
• The hotel bar will usually close at 10.30pm but times may alter at the discretion of the management and it may close earlier or later subject to guest demand. However, in the interests of other guests, we reserve the right to refuse to serve alcohol to anyone deemed intoxicated. The bar will usually be closed on Sundays. Bar staff at Moorbank House operate the ‘Challenge 25’ policy.
- Children under 16 years of age must not be left unsupervised by adults in bedrooms.
• No food, take-away’s or alcohol is allowed in the hotel bedrooms. Alcohol, purchased from the hotel bar, may be consumed in the TV lounge.
• The proprietors reserve the right to amend, curtail or terminate any contract should the conduct of any person who is a party to that contract cause any detriment to the well being of other guests.
• By making a booking and or paying a deposit you are stating that you agree to the terms and conditions as stated here and in the hotel locally.
• Payment can be made with all major debit and credit cards. Card Fees May Apply (50 pence debit card £1 Credit Card).
• Any act of vandalism or malicious damage to any part of the hotel, and/or noise likely to cause a disturbance to other guests, shall deem the contract null and void. Persons performing such acts will be asked to leave the hotel immediately. No refund will be available in such circumstances. Any outstanding balances owing will be charged to the to the debit/credit card that was charged with the initial deposit.
• Sadly, we cannot cater for pets.
• Terms for Invoice Payments issued to Business Customers are that payment is made Strictly 30 Days from date of invoice. We reserve the right to add ‘reasonable’ late payment charges to cover administration costs.
- If we are forced to cancel the booking for reasons outside of our control we will give you as much notice as possible and reimburse any sums already paid. We will not have any further responsibility to you. If you book a specific room, we may change the booking to another room, due to factors beyond our control, and will not have any further responsibility to you.
- Lost keys are charged at £15 and this may be added to your debit/credit card if keys are not returned to us at check out.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us here at Moorbank House.
26 – 28 Moore Street
Blackpool FY4 1DA